Law firms are required by our regulators, the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) to collect and report workforce diversity data every two years. As part of this, we are required to publish our workforce diversity data on our website. You can view a summary of our 2021 diversity data below.

The data collected from everyone at the firm must be reported to the SRA, broken down by role categories.

The data includes:

  • Information about a person’s role, ownership and supervisory responsibilities
  • Information about a person’s protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010
  • Information about socio economic factors (education) and caring responsibilities

Castelo Solicitors 2021 Diversity Data.

Respondents

In total 8 people completed the diversity data collection survey, this represents 100% of the Castelo Solicitors workforce.

Roles

1 respondent was a solicitor partner (sole practitioner / member / director)

3 were solicitor non partner

4 were in a role directly supporting fee earners

Age

37% of the respondents were 16-24

26% were in the 25-34 age bracket

37% were between 35 and 44

Gender

100% of the solicitor partners were female

100% of solicitor non partners were female

100% of those in a role directly supporting fee earners were female

Gender Identity

100% of all respondents confirmed that the gender they identify with is the same as the sex registered at their birth.

Disability

None of those who responded considered themselves to have a disability, whilst 12% preferred not to say.

None of the respondents felt their day-to-day activities were limited due to health problem or a disability lasting at least 12 months.

Ethnicity

12% of respondents were white and British English/Welsh/Northern Irish/Scottish

88% were any other white background

Religion/belief

12% of respondents were of no religion or belief

88% of respondents were of  another religion or belief not listed.

Sexual Orientation

All of those who responded were heterosexual

Education

37% of respondents attended a selective state-run/funded school whilst another 37% attended non-selective one and 26% attended a school outside the UK.

75% of all respondents said that by the time they’d reached the age of 18, neither parent had attended university, whilst the remaining 25% said that one or both of their parents had.

Economic Background

When asked which profession the main/highest income earner in their household worked in when the respondents were aged about 14, 50% preferred not to say, 12% said in modern/traditional professional occupations, 25% in technical and craft occupations and the rest in clerical and intermediate occupations.

Caring Responsibilities

37% of respondents had no primary carer responsibilities for a child under the age of 18, 63% had an invalid/no response to this question.

All respondents said they spent no time providing unpaid care for those with long term physical or mental ill health caused by disability or age.

    Request a call back