What is not to love? Portugal is a safe, affordable place with a welcoming culture, an increasingly high quality of life, delicious food and not to mention a warm sunny climate
The Portuguese golden visa is one of the most popular visa schemes in the world, it offers residency in Portugal in return for investing in the Portuguese economy – that investment can be as simple as purchasing a property in the country.
While Portugal isn’t the only country that has a golden visa program it is considered one of the most successful golden visa schemes – other countries where you can find similar schemes are Malta, Spain, and Greece.
What makes Portugals Golden Visa so popular?
- • The Golden Visa offers a range of relatively affordable investment options for you to choose from in obtaining your residence permit
- • Only a minimum of seven days in Portugal per year
- • You gain visa-free access to the Schengen states
- • It makes it possible to become a Portuguese citizen within around five to six years
Some long-awaited changes happened to Portugals Golden Visa in January 2022
The required Golden Visa minimum investment amounts increased:
- • The investment Fund option increased from €350,000 to €500,000
- • Capital Transfer option increased from €1 million to €1.5 million
Portugal Golden Visa through Real Estate face restrictions:
- • For real estate properties to qualify for Golden Visa, they have to be located in the Autonomous Regions of the Azores and Madeira or the interior territories, the geographical restrictions only affect residential property purchases. Any other type of real estate property can still be acquired anywhere in Portugal and qualify for a Golden Visa.
These changes will not be retroactive to anyone who has already submitted their Golden Visa application before December 31st, 2021.
For more information call one of our Portuguese Golden Visa experts at Castelo Solicitors today on 020 3441 5095