Children Law Portugal
- Child maintenance;
- Residence and visitation rights by the non resident parent
Parental Responsibilities if the parties are married
- If the parties are married, both parties exercise parental responsibility
- If proceedings are commenced, the parties will be given the opportunity to reach an agreement at the first hearing.
- If the parties are unable to reach an agreement, the court will hear the child if appropriate before making a decision.
- In the process of divorce, the exercise of parental rights must be decided either by the Registrar at the Civil Registry if by agreement or by the judge if not by agreement.
Call one of our portuguese family law experts at Castelo Solicitors today on 020 3441 5095